Our non-profit training club – Wisconsin Illinois Agility Group (WAG for short) was founded in 1999 by former instructors and students of the Four Paws Training Center (now Fosters) in Antioch Illinois. When Four Paws decided to return to its roots as an obedience training center, WAG members took the opportunity to start their own agility club.
In its ‘Four Paws’ days, WAG’s primary focus was on agility. For our first two class sessions, WAG operated in a 5000 square foot training center in McHenry, Illinois, near the intersection of Route 31 South and Route 120. In January of 2000, we relocated to 7705 Industrial Drive, an 8500 square foot facility in Spring Grove, Illinois. In 2017 we moved into our current spacious, clean, climate controlled 25,000 square foot training facility.
Today we proudly offer a variety of Dog Sport Training and Competition not only agility but obedience, rally, nosework and tricks.
Dog Sport Classes are open to the public. We welcome new students of all levels from beginner to advanced, big to little dogs, all breeds and mixed breeds.
Whether your looking to train for competition, join a class to have fun and bond with your dog or improve your dog or puppies manners, WAG has something for you!
WAG offers a variety of classes with day and evening options including Agility Foundation thru Advanced, Rally, Obedience, Nosework and Tricks for all levels, AKC STAR Puppy and Canine Good Citizen classes.
Class sessions consist of 8 weeks of 1-hour sessions. Classes are open to both WAG members and the general public. Pre-registration is required.
Conveniently-located training center about 1 hour SW of Milwaukee and 1 hour NW of Chicago.
2807 N US Highway 12
Spring Grove, IL 60081 USA
The WAG Agility Building is located in Spring Grove Illinois, on Route 12,one block West of the intersection of Route 12 and Spring Grove/Winn Roads.
From the North:
Take Route 12 south (East Rt 12) to Spring Grove. WAG is one block before Spring Grove Road and will be on the right side of the road.
From the South:
Take Route 12 north (West Rt 12) to Spring Grove. WAG is one block after Spring Grove / Winn Roads, and will be on the left side of the road.
From the East:
Take Rt 173 West to Winn Road South to Rt 12 West. WAG is one block West of Winn Road.
From the West:
Take Rt 173 East to Routh 12 South to Spring Grove. WAG is one block before Spring Grove / Winn Roads.
Once you have turned onto the parking lot, take it to the rear of the building for the most parking and entrances to the building.
- approximately 25,000 square foot building.
- Approximately 9,000 sq ft (100’x90′) of gated turf course/trial ring area (Turf Ring)
- Approximately 5,700 sq ft (73’x78′) of gated, matted working/crating area (Mat Ring)
- Approximately 2,300 sq ft (46’x50′) of gates, matted working/crating area (Obedience Ring)
- Approximately 1,300 sq ft (34’x39′) tiled lobby area
- Turf Ring construction: GrassTex product PL307 (great traction, no rubber pellets)
- Mat Rings construction: Anti-slip matting by Great Mats Dog Agility Mats , 3/4″ EVA foam matting.
- Handicap-accessible building and restrooms.
- Air-conditioned in summer, heated in winter.
- Separate CLEAN multiple-stall men’s and women’s restrooms.
- Soda pop, coffee, & bottled water available for sale.
- Outdoor grassy potty areas with clean up materials on two sides of the building
- 97 parking spots (overflow parking is available for large events)