Please read our Ring Rental Rules below before booking!
Ring Rental Rules – Please read before booking!
Ring Rental is open to both the general public and WAG members. Preregistration is required; WAG does not accept walk-in registrations or drop-ins. Please do not show up to rent the ring if you have not preregistered!
All members in good standing who have completed training on rental policies and procedures and on use of the building may rent without a watcher present. The door code will be provided upon completion of the required training. All other renters must have a watcher present.
When a Ring Watcher is required, if a Ring Watcher cannot be arranged for your Ring Rental time slot, your Ring Time will be cancelled with a minimum of 48 hours advance notice.
There are three rings available for rental:
Turf Ring: 90 x 100, will have a set numbered course; anything moved must be replaced to its original location. Puppies (and older dogs with housebreaking issues) are not permitted in the turf ring due to the potential for accidents. Training that involves use of moist, crumbly, or messy food tossed or placed on the floor is also not permitted in the turf ring due to difficulty of clean up.
Mat Ring: Great Mats dog agility matting, approx 78 x 74 ft, agility equipment (all 3 contacts, jumps, tunnels, table, channel weaves) typically are out but there is no course set; movement of equipment may be required for what you want to work on. Puppy/foundation equipment (wobble boards, contact planks, mini-teeter, etc), UKC, and TDAA equipment are available ringside; if used they must be put away when done. Equipment does not need to be replaced to its exact original position but must be left usable for the next renter and any contacts lowered put back at full height. Equipment not being used must be put away (out of the ring) or put back in the ring in a usable location (don’t just shove it to the side and leave it). Food on the floor is okay but please clean up when done. Be considerate of the person renting after you.
Obedience Ring: Great Mats dog agility matting, approx 46 x 50 ft, obedience equipment available ring side or small agility equipment (jumps, weaves, etc) may be moved into the ring. Items moved into the ring must be removed when done.
No Ring watcher needed: Turf Ring $20/Hour; Large Mat Ring $10/Hour; Obedience Ring $5/Hour
Ring watcher needed: Turf Ring $30/Hour; Large Mat Ring $20/Hour; Obedience Ring $10/Hour
FOR ALL RINGS (when more than one person is renting): $5/hour additional per person for each non-member
NOTE: Puppies (and older dogs with housebreaking issues) are not permitted in the turf ring due to the potential for accidents. Training that involves the use of moist, crumbly, greasy, or messy food tossed or placed on the floor is also not permitted in the turf ring due to the difficulty of clean up.
Ring Rental is available to both members and non-members during times when there are no classes, trials, matches, membership meetings, seminars or other WAG events:
Monday – During the day only
Tuesday – During the day except during morning classes
Wednesday – During the day only
Thursday – During the day except during morning classes, pre-Trial equipment moving, etc.
Friday – All day except during evening membership meetings, evening classes, Trials, etc.
Saturday – All day except during Matches, Trials, Seminars, etc.
Sunday – All day except during Matches, Trials, Seminars, etc.
Signed out times can be viewed by WAG members in the approrpriate calendar link from the WAG Members Only page.
Time must be reserved in advance by e-mailing the Ring Rental Coordinator:
Ring Rental Coordinator: Mary VanderBloomen
Send Email RingRental@wagagility.com
Ring time is not considered reserved until confirmed by the Ring Rental Coordinator.
Please specify which ring you are renting.
Ring time may be monitored by a WAG member (“ring watcher”). Please schedule early to allow time for the ring rental coordinator to arrange for a ring watcher. A Ring Rental Form (see below) must be on file for you to rent the ring. This is a separate and distinct form from the class registration form, and must be completed even if you have a class registration form on file. This form must be renewed annually. You may bring the form with you the first time you rent in each calendar year.
Ring Rental Rules
- Release Form -All persons renting the ring must sign an Acknowledgement of Risk, and Waiver for Damages and/or Injury form prior to using the ring. (See the Ring Rental Forms above)
- Eligibility – No person expelled from the property may rent the ring, or practice with someone else who is renting the ring.
- Training – Ring rental is to be used by one or more person(s) to practice agility or obedience with their dog(s).
- Private Lessons – Only a member, who is a qualified WAG Instructor, may hold private lessons during ring rental time.
- Training Prerequisite – Persons using the ring for agility practice, must have had at least 1 dog complete the Beginners class. The intent is to allow only those persons who have had specific instructions with each obstacle, to practice on their own.
- Time Blocks – Ring rental is reserved in advance in time slots of 1/2 hour.
- Advance Notice – Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible. A minimum of three (3) business days is requested to allow time for a ring watcher to be recruited. Reservations can be made for ring rental up to three (3) months in advance from the date the request is received.
- Promptness – Renters must be prompt in arriving and departing. Late arrivals will be charged for the entire rental time and must leave when the reservation expires.
- Cancellations – Anyone not able to make their reserved time must cancel the reservation at least 24 hours in advance of the reserved time to avoid penalty. WAG has the right to charge the renter the entire rental fee if timely cancellation is not received.
- No-Show Renters – The ring watcher is obligated to wait 15 minutes for a late-arriving renter. After that time, the renter is considered a no-show. WAG has the right to charge the no-show renter the entire rental fee, which fee must be paid before the no-show renter reserves the ring again.
- No-Show Ring Watcher – If the assigned ring watcher fails to meet the renter to permit access to the building, the renter is entitled to a free rental some other time. If the watcher is late in arriving, the renter will either receive a discounted rental fee or, if the ring is available after the reserved time, the renter may continue to use the ring for a time equal to the watcher’s tardiness.
- Moving Equipment – The A-frame, dog walk and bridge shall NOT be moved. The teeter may be moved by at least two people, and two people are required to change the height of the A-frame.
Moving the contact obstacles can be dangerous.
The ring watcher should be consulted before attempting to move or adjust these obstacles
Replacing Equipment – Most agility equipment may be moved to suit the renter’s need, taking care not to drag equipment across the mats. In consideration of the people renting in subsequent time slots, all equipment and cones removed, moved, adjusted, or added to the course should be replaced in their original position.
Equipment Abuse – Anyone abusing the equipment will be asked to leave the premises. Rental fees will not be refunded.
Reservations Required – Any and all ring usage, whether paid or free, cleaning, seminars or meetings, must be reserved in advance by contacting email@example.com.
Unauthorized Use – Unauthorized use of the building or equipment may result in Discipline and/or Expulsion.